What Inspires Me About “Pants-4-Art”
I don’t know who first said, “From tiny acorns, great oaks grow”, but I have always had an affinity with oak trees, just like the story about John The Bruce and the spiderweb… Nothing great and previously unimagined happens over night. It may look that way, but behind every great achievement lies great work, persistence, resiliance, and fortitude.
Recently some associates asked how the “Pants-4-Art” project was going… They were disappointed at the slow up-take of things… In their minds – since they have 100% belief and commitment in the project, and have done from the start – they thought I was making slow progress. They wondered why I was so enthusiastic and inspired still…
- Well, if it was going to be easy, I would be worried about people copying the idea and ‘gazumping’ me, but I doubt there is anybody out there with my persistence and resilience to negativity.
- This is what I want to do for the rest of my life, so I don’t care how long it takes, I’ve the rest of my life to enjoy it… AND I am already enjoying the journey!
- The people I can help inspire me. I have an image in my mind of a young child in a cancer ward… the most desperate case… To walk in there and have them paint on their ‘hero’s’ pants with me (and hopefully with their hero!) and make their last moments special and give their family hope… THAT’S inspiring!
- Hopefully some people will see what I am doing and be inspired, encouraged, and motivated to help others less off than they are.
- What inspires me a lot is the fact that it’s so simple… it only takes a little push… it will snowball very quickly once it takes root.
- It gives me focus to be off myself and my own worries and concerns.
- I’ve never been a quitter… This is a big mountain to climb, but a great view at the top.
- Perhaps I will actually get to meet some of my inspiring heros.
- Most of all the project allows me to be “me”.
- It forces me to stretch and grow.
In my heart of hearts, I KNOW this is a great thing. I KNOW it is going to happen. I KNOW this is what I was meant to do. WHEN it finally cracks wide open… oh boy…! Until that time, I diligently reach out to famous folks, ask for their pants, paint, network, talk about the project, blog… and anything else I can do…
Thank you all for your input, support, guidance, and encouragement…
Together We Can Make This A Better World…!